Knowledge Exchange Opportunities Scheme
Note: This call is closed. This content is for reference purposes only.
ESRC launches impact acceleration accounts
Our Knowledge Exchange Opportunities scheme provides the opportunity to apply for funding for knowledge exchange and public engagement activities at any stage of the research lifecycle, and is aimed at maximising the impact of social science research outside academia.
The current Knowledge Exchange Opportunities Scheme will close on 31 March 2014. There has been falling demand for the Knowledge Exchange Opportunities Scheme in recent years and a relaxing of co-funding rules and the expansion of the scheme to allow co-produced research has not led to an increase in the number of applications.
Impact Acceleration Accounts (IAAs) offer a more effective mechanism for supporting knowledge exchange and bringing about social science impact on practice and policy.
Applications to the Knowledge Exchange Opportunities Scheme will be accepted up to 16.00 on 31 March 2014, following which the scheme will be closed to further applications.
- Call specification (PDF, 127KB)
- KE opportunities FAQs (PDF, 78Kb)
- Supporting data template (PDF, 2.2Mb)
- Je-S guidance notes (PDF, 174Kb)
Please direct any enquiries to your Research Office in the first instance. For other enquiries:
- Email: email@example.com
Previous successful grants
- Knowledge exchange successful grants April - June 2012 Call (PDF, 53Kb)
- Knowledge exchange successful grants September - October 2011 Call (PDF, 45Kb)
- Knowledge exchange successful grants April - June 2011 Call (PDF, 97Kb)
- Knowledge exchange successful grants November 2010 – January 2011 Call (PDF, 113Kb)
- Knowledge exchange successful grants June - August 2010 Call (PDF, 88Kb)
Other knowledge exchange opportunities
- Knowledge Transfer Partnerships
- Retail knowledge exchange opportunities - Call now closed
- Student internship scheme
Other relevant initiatives
Knowledge exchange guidance
Our Impact Toolkit provides guidance on how knowledge exchange can benefit both researchers and research users:
If you would like to find out more about knowledge exchange opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org