Working with the public sector
Collaboration with the public sector is one of our most successful areas of partnership. Through partnerships and engagement with parliament, government departments and the devolved administrations we have:
- co-funded research initiatives
- identified and delivered data priorities
- co-sponsored a series of collaborative studentship schemes
- presented research and submitted evidence .
Social science research informs evidence-based policy and is used in a wide range of policy areas. Some examples include:
- understanding the economic and social impacts of an ageing population
- understanding individual behaviour in order to help tackle climate change
- regulation and reform of public services
- boosting innovation and enterprise in the UK.