Future Research Leaders: call for proposals
We are pleased to announce the fourth call for proposals for our early careers scheme, Future Research Leaders. The Future Research Leaders scheme aims to enable outstanding early-career social scientists, in partnership with their host organisation, to acquire the skills set to become the future world leaders in their field.
The call is open to high-quality candidates from anywhere in the world who have a maximum of four years and four months' postdoctoral experience and the support of an eligible UK research organisation.
Grants will be for a maximum of three years, with a pro-rata duration option for those employed part-time on a contract of 0.5 FTE or above. There is an overall limit of £350,000 (at 100 per cent full Economic Cost) although the actual amount you can apply for will vary depending on when you submitted your PhD and your level of academic experience. We aim to fund up to 40 awards.
The closing date for proposals is 16.00 on 20 January 2015.
- Call specification (PDF, 190Kb) (updated 24 October)*
- Je-S guidance (PDF, 245Kb) (updated 24 October)*
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF, 348Kb) (updated 24 October)*
*These documents have been updated to reflect the following changes to our guidance:
- part-time applicants employed on a contract of 0.5 FTE or above can now pro-rata their award length
- part-time periods of academic employment can now be considered on a pro-rata basis when calculating eligibility (please note that ESRC cannot answer queries requesting confirmation of calculations made)
- new and updated FAQs
If you have any questions or would like further information about the scheme please email email@example.com
We are monitoring the questions we receive so that these can be included in the Frequently Asked Questions. We highly recommend that potential applicants check the FAQ before contacting the ESRC for advice:
- Chris Noyce
Telephone: 01793 444189
- Heather Gurd
Telephone: 01793 413151
Enquiries relating to the Je-S application procedure should be addressed to:
- Je-S helpdesk
Telephone: 01793 444164