Extending working lives: call for research consortia
This call is now closed and the page is for reviewer information only.
The extending working lives of the UK workforce poses new challenges for employees, employers and policy makers. The cross-Research Council Lifelong Health and Wellbeing (LLHW) programme is offering the following coordinated package of funding opportunities aimed at informing strategies and investigating critical issues that will better prepare the UK for an ageing workforce:
- Interdisciplinary Research Consortia bringing together existing UK academic expertise to understand the determinants of working later in life and the relationship between work, health and wellbeing of older workers (this call)
- Research Partnership Awards comprising partnerships of academics and public/private employers or stakeholders addressing research challenges and employer needs associated with an ageing workforce, within a workplace or policy setting. This activity is subject to a separate cross council call which can be found on the Medical Research Council website.
Funding is available from the ESRC and MRC to support a small number of interdisciplinary consortia in the following areas:
- Determinants of working later in life
- Work, health and wellbeing
Additional funding may be available from other Research Councils should there be research proposed that is within their remit. For further information, please see the call specification below.
The closing date for full proposals is 16.00 on 3 April 2013.
- Call specification (PDF, 130Kb)
- Guidance notes for applicants - full proposal (PDF, 312Kb)
Lifelong Health and Wellbeing: Strategy for Collaborative Ageing Research (MRC website)
For further information please contact:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org