Knowledge Navigator for local government opportunity
The ESRC in partnership with the Local Government Association (LGA) and the Society of Local Authority Chief Executives and Senior Managers (SOLACE) wishes to appoint a Knowledge Navigator to act as an evidence broker, and to develop opportunities for future knowledge exchange and collaboration activities between the local government sector and the academic research base.
The objective of the navigator service is to:
- scope out evidence needs of the local government sector via existing networks, and raise the profile and accessibility of social science research within the local government sector
- develop and commission rapid reviews synthesizing research already completed on issues of interest to local government
- advocate the development of linkages between local government and academia and the use of evidence in policy and practice
- ensure local government perspective is reflected in relevant ESRC research programmes, and cross council research initiatives, where appropriate
- explore and develop a sustainable and collaborative funding model between the local government sector, the ESRC and the academic community
- Full knowledge navigator specification (PDF, 251Kb)
- Annex 5 - S1-Terms and conditions for the purchase of services (PDF, 135Kb)
Submissions to provide the navigator role service are welcome from both academics working on and/or with the local government sector, with a good knowledge of the sector’s structure and diversity, and from individuals outside academia with a background in local government and knowledge of the potential application of academic research evidence. Bids can be submitted by either an individual, or due to the breadth and depth of expertise required for the post, by a team of individuals.
If you have any queries please contact Jonathan Smith at the Research Councils Shared Services Centre: email@example.com (ref PS120034).
The deadline for submission of bids is 11.00 17 October 2012.