Guidance for applicants
We have produced guidance to help those who wish to apply for ESRC funding.
Important notices for applicants
Submitting a proposal
- Eligibility - eligibility details are given on the specific scheme or call page under funding opportunities
- Je-S electronic applications
- How to write a good research grant application
- Research Funding Guide
- Is my research suitable for ESRC funding?
- Proposal classifications - ESRC disciplines
Information for applicants
- Framework for research ethics
- Research data policy
- Funding statistics (including success rates)
- Cross-Council funding agreement
- Impact, innovation and interdisciplinary expectations
- Inclusion of UK business, third sector or government body co-investigators on ESRC proposals
Information for UK applicants wanting to collaborate with international academics
- Bilateral agreements
- Inclusion of international co-investigators on ESRC proposals
- International Common Application Process (ICAP): applications and peer review
ESRC's grants administration is run by the RCUK Shared Services Centre (SSC). SSC is the primary point of contact for all queries regarding:
- processing of grant proposals
- peer review of individual proposals
- administration of current grants.
Please email your query to SSC at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01793 867125.
For call-specific queries, please contact the relevant person specified on the call.
For any ESRC Policy queries please email: email@example.com