This call is now closed. The following is for information only.
The ESRC invites proposals to take forward an ambitious research agenda with the potential to effect significant economic or societal impact. We welcome proposals for standard research projects, large-scale surveys, infrastructure projects, and for methodological developments in any area of the social sciences. We actively encourage interdisciplinarity, both within and beyond the social sciences.
Proposals should be between £1 million and £2.5 million (at 100 per cent full economic cost) for a period of between three to five years. It is currently anticipated that the budget for this round will be approximately £6 million. We expect to make three or four awards.
This call provides opportunities for promoting innovation and interdisciplinarity, both within and beyond the social sciences, whilst excellent research within a particular social science discipline is also welcome.
- Call specification (PDF, 86Kb)
- Je-S guidance notes for applicants (PDF, 168Kb)
- Frequently asked questions (PDF, 87Kb)
Peer reviewer guidance
- Call announced - 27 May 2016
- Closing date for proposals - 13 October 2016
- Commissioning panel meeting - March 2017
- Decisions to applicants - May 2017
- Grants commence - October 2017