How to find us
Our offices are next to Swindon train station, and within easy reach of the M4.
Economic & Social Research Council
North Star Avenue
View a map of our location on Google Maps.
Travelling to our offices
Polaris House is just a few minutes’ walk from Swindon station. When you arrive at the station:
- Use your ticket to go through the ticket barrier adjacent to WH Smith (between platforms 1 and 3).
- Climb the steps and cross the footbridge. Polaris House is the brick building to your left as you descend the steps.
Visitor parking at Polaris House is very limited and is only available on a first-come, first-served basis. Alternative parking is available in a pay-and-display car park beside Polaris House.
When driving here you should:
- Follow signs for ‘Town Centre’, and then ‘North Star’.
- When you reach the roundabout adjacent to the Oasis leisure complex and Swindon College, take the second exit (the one before Oasis).
- At the next roundabout (with the station and car park in front of you) turn left into the Polaris House entrance road.
- Follow signs for ‘visitors’, and park in the visitor spaces in front of reception.
You can get more detailed directions on Google maps.
You can get to Polaris House by walking through Swindon train station and crossing the footbridge beside WH Smith (between platforms 1 and 3). You will need to go through ticket barriers to get to us. We can provide you with a letter to show station staff so that they will let you through the barriers.
By bus or coach
Bus and coach services to Swindon stop either at the bus station or on Fleming Way. You can walk to Polaris House in about five minutes, passing through the train station.
The nearest airports to Swindon are London Heathrow and Bristol.
From Heathrow you can catch the Railair coach to Reading train station (takes about 40 minutes), and then the train to Swindon (takes about 30 minutes).
From Bristol Airport you can catch the Bristol International Flyer coach to Bristol Temple Meads train station (takes about 30 minutes), and then the train to Swindon (takes about 45 minutes).