Co-author: John McLeod Date: 19 August 2012 Book
Training the trainers to develop and enhance research capacity in counselling and psychotherapy.
- Start date: 01 January 2008
- End date: 30 June 2009
The ESRC RDI project is jointly organised by BACP and the University of Leicester. The aim of the project is to provide high-quality national and regional training and development activities for researchers and research trainers in counselling and psychotherapy.
The project has four specific objectives:
- To train the trainers to incorporate research into the counselling and psychotherapy curriculum and deliver research methods training and research supervision.
- To make research methods training more accessible.
- To inform trainers of the research requirements of a core curriculum and to promote the development of new skills for planning and delivering the curriculum
- To produce a manual and DVD for trainers to support their teaching of research methods.
The objectives will be achieved as follows:
- A five-day summer school in July 2008 to train the trainers in research methods.
- Five one-day regional workshops focusing on the research aspects of the core curriculum.
- A research methods training manual and DVD.
- A website to provide information about opportunities for enhancing research capacity through training networks, activities and workshops.
- Outputs (2)
Author: Sue Wheeler Date: 02 February 2009 Journal article