Co-author: John McLeod Date: 19 August 2012 Book
Our Research Catalogue contains grants and outputs data up to the end of April 2014. Records will no longer be updated after this date.
Training the trainers to develop and enhance research capacity in counselling and psychotherapy.
The ESRC RDI project is jointly organised by BACP and the University of Leicester. The aim of the project is to provide high-quality national and regional training and development activities for researchers and research trainers in counselling and psychotherapy.
The project has four specific objectives:
- To train the trainers to incorporate research into the counselling and psychotherapy curriculum and deliver research methods training and research supervision.
- To make research methods training more accessible.
- To inform trainers of the research requirements of a core curriculum and to promote the development of new skills for planning and delivering the curriculum
- To produce a manual and DVD for trainers to support their teaching of research methods.
The objectives will be achieved as follows:
- A five-day summer school in July 2008 to train the trainers in research methods.
- Five one-day regional workshops focusing on the research aspects of the core curriculum.
- A research methods training manual and DVD.
- A website to provide information about opportunities for enhancing research capacity through training networks, activities and workshops.
- Outputs (2)
Author: Sue Wheeler Date: 02 February 2009 Journal article