Editor: THANKOM ARUN Date: 02 October 2013 Book
Our Research Catalogue contains grants and outputs data up until April/May 2014.
Corporate Governance, Regulation and Development
- Start date: 01 October 2007
- End date: 30 September 2009
The main aim of this seminar series is to bring together academics from different disciplines and policy-makers in order to present and discuss scientific papers that have as their focus the role of corporate governance in economic growth and development.
The main objectives were:
- to facilitate a multidisciplinary discussion of the impact and effects of corporate governance
- to give graduate students who are close to submission the opportunity to present their work in front of leading scholars in the field
- to disseminate the findings of the academic community to policy-makers and practitioners, and to facilitate discussions between user groups and academicians
- to ascertain the impact of investor protection laws on corporate governance and the driving forces behind the reform of investor protection laws
- to understand and delineate the impact of corporate governance on a firm's ability to attract capital
- to highlight the role of corporate governance in the development and reform of banking and financial systems in transition and developing economies.
- Outputs (1)