Editor: THANKOM ARUN Date: 02 October 2013 Book
Our Research Catalogue contains grants and outputs data up to the end of April 2014. Records will no longer be updated after this date.
Corporate Governance, Regulation and Development
- Start date: 01 October 2007
- End date: 30 September 2009
The main aim of this seminar series is to bring together academics from different disciplines and policy-makers in order to present and discuss scientific papers that have as their focus the role of corporate governance in economic growth and development.
The main objectives were:
- to facilitate a multidisciplinary discussion of the impact and effects of corporate governance
- to give graduate students who are close to submission the opportunity to present their work in front of leading scholars in the field
- to disseminate the findings of the academic community to policy-makers and practitioners, and to facilitate discussions between user groups and academicians
- to ascertain the impact of investor protection laws on corporate governance and the driving forces behind the reform of investor protection laws
- to understand and delineate the impact of corporate governance on a firm's ability to attract capital
- to highlight the role of corporate governance in the development and reform of banking and financial systems in transition and developing economies.
- Outputs (1)