Annual Report and Accounts
Our Annual Report provides information on the ESRC's activities during the previous financial year, including an analysis of our research and training expenditure, and our research portfolio.
The Annual Report is published and laid before Parliament annually. It covers our activities from 1 April to 31 March, a review of the year from the Chair and Chief Executive, outstanding features of the year and facts and figures at a glance. It also contains the ESRC's full accounts for the year.
- Annual Report and Accounts 2013-14 (PDF, 3.5Mb)
- A fully accessible version of the Annual Report 2013-14 (PDF, 15Mb) is also available
- Annual Report 2012-13 (PDF, 1.6Mb)
- Annual Report 2011-12 (PDF, 2.3Mb)
- Annual Report 2010-11 (PDF, 13.9Mb)
- Annual Report 2009-10 (PDF, 3.9Mb)
- Annual Report 2008-09 (PDF, 4.6Mb)
- Annual Report 2007-08 (PDF, 5.5Mb)
- Annual Report 2006-07 (PDF, 3.1Mb)
Annual Report 2005-06 (PDF, 1.3Mb)
- Annual Report 2004-05 (PDF, 1.7Mb)
- Annual Report 2003-04 (PDF, 1.8Mb)
- Annual Report 2002-03 (PDF, 1.6Mb)
- Annual Report 2001-02 (PDF, 1.3Mb)
- Annual Report 2000-01 (PDF, 851Kb)
- Annual Report 1999-2000 (PDF, 2.7Mb)
Please note the following regarding the ESRC Accounts that form part of the Annual Report:
"The maintenance and integrity of ESRC's website is the responsibility of the Accounting officer; the work carried out by the auditors does not involve consideration of these matters and accordingly the auditors accept no responsibility for any changes that may have occurred to the financial statements since they were initially presented on the website."
ESRC accounts are prepared in accordance with the Accounts Direction, issued by the Secretary of State for Trade and Industry pursuant to Section 2(2) of the Science and Technology Act 1965. The accounts follow best commercial practice having due regard to the Council's status.