This year's Festival of Social Science will take place from 4-11 November 2017. The call for applications is now live.
Continuing on from previous years, we are working in partnership with universities across the country to produce local festivals. Please check if your university is one of our partners, as you will need to apply via the named contact for funding and not via the online form below.
In 2017 the Festival team is particularly keen to receive applications for events:
- to be held in London or the East of England
- run by or featuring Early Career researchers
- from first-time organisers
- that are aimed at specialist interest audiences
- that encourage participation from children or young people.
How to apply
Guidance and resources for event organisers
- Terms and conditions (please ensure you read before applying)
- Applicant guidelines
- Timetable and deadlines
- Festival FAQs
- Event organisers' guide (including tips on choosing a venue and publicising your event
- Examples of previous events
- Evaluation reports on previous festivals
- Festival of Social Science 2015 evaluation infographic (PDF, 1.1Mb)