There will be five category winners, each receiving £100 in vouchers. The winner of the best image submitted via social media will receive £100 in vouchers. One overall winner will also receive £200 in vouchers.
In addition, the judges will also pick their personal favourite and each winner will receive £50 in vouchers.
Where a winning entrant has specified a school, sixth form, further education college or youth group as part of their application, the organisation will also be in receipt of a prize:
- For each of the five category winners, the organisation will receive £100 in vouchers
- For the winner of the best image entered via social media, the organisation will receive £100 in vouchers
- The overall winner's school will receive £200 in vouchers
- For each of the judge's personal favourites the school will receive £50 in vouchers
The total prize fund is over £2,000.
All winning and shortlisted images will be displayed at an exhibition in the Espacion Gallery in London. The free exhibition will run from 20-25 March 2018. The photographers of all exhibited and winning images will be notified.
An awards ceremony and private viewing for the winning and exhibited photographers will take place at the Espacio Gallery, London on 20 March 2018. All winners will receive their invitation no later than 23 February 2018.
- Return travel costs for the winner and one guardian to attend the event in London will be covered by the ESRC, subject to ESRC travel and subsistence guidelines.
- Return travel costs for one teacher / youth leader from each winning organisation will also be covered, subject to the same ESRC travel and subsistence guidelines.
All winning photographs will appear in the summer 2018 issue of ESRC's Society Now magazine.