All Research Councils publish Delivery Plans as part of the 2010 Spending Review allocations process. The Plans set out each Council's funding priorities and outline the activities that they intend to undertake over the period. Alongside the individual delivery plans, a new Research Councils UK (RCUK) strategic vision is being published to set out how the Councils will work together to provide a vital contribution to economic growth and wellbeing within the UK.
- ESRC Delivery Plan 2011- 2015 (PDF, 306Kb)
- BIS comment on science and research funding 2011-2015 (20/12/2010)
RCUK comment on budget allocation (20/12/2010)
- ESRC Scorecard 2013/14 (PDF, 151Kb)
The Delivery Plans have been developed following consultations with a broad range of stakeholders, including other Research Councils, and the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS). The Delivery Plans also take account of Research Councils' own visions and strategic priorities.
Refining our strategic priorities
With our Delivery Plan 2011-2015 we have sharpened our focus around three priorities: Economic Performance and Sustainable Growth; Influencing Behaviour and Informing Interventions; and A Vibrant and Fair Society. These encapsulate the big issues for Britain, the wider world and for social science that we identified in a process of refinement. We will revisit the priorities each year and update them as necessary.
In June 2011 we presented the detail of our Delivery Plan to our research community at a number of regional events. You can download the presentation we gave at these events.
- Working together to deliver our strategic goals
- Demand management
- Refining our strategic priorities
- Funding opportunities for 2011/12
Previous delivery plans and reports
- ESRC scorecard 2011/12 (PDF, 164Kb)
- Delivery Plan 2008-2011 updated April 2010 (PDF, 192kb)
- ESRC Scorecard 2010-2011 (PDF, 136kb)
- Delivery Report 2009-2010 (PDF, 176KB)
- Delivery Report 2008-2009 (PDF, 276Kb)
- Delivery Plan 2008-2011 (PDF, 477Kb)
- Delivery Report 2007-2008 (PDF, 162Kb)
- Delivery Plan 2007-2008 (PDF, 285Kb)
- Delivery Report 2006-2007 (PDF, 190Kb)
- Delivery Plan 2006 (PDF, 1.31Mb)
- Delivery Report 2005-2006 (PDF, 165Kb)
- Delivery Plan 2005 (PDF, 270Kb)