Centre for Macroeconomics (CFM)
Start date: 1 December 2012
End date: 30 November 2017
This £5 million centre will bring together a group of world class experts to carry out pioneering research on the global economic crisis and help design policies to alleviate it.
Chaired by LSE's Nobel Prize-winning economics professor, Christopher Pissarides, the new centre will encompass experts from the London School of Economics and Political Science, University College London, Cambridge University, the Bank of England, the National Institute of Economic and Social Research, and other leading global institutions.
Five major research programmes will address the key issues of:
- fiscal austerity
- financial markets
- shifts in the world economy
- development of new methodologies.
- Working towards a stable and sustainable growth path - 2012-2017
- Working towards a stable and sustainable growth path - 2012-2013
- Centre for Macroeconomics (CFM) website
- Twitter: @CFMUK
- Professor Morten O. Ravn, Centre Director
University College London
Telephone: 020 3108 5013
- Professor Wouter Den Haan, Centre Director
London School of Economics and Political Science
Telephone: 020 7955 7669