We work with our Doctoral Training Centres to deliver conferences for ESRC-funded students.
These conferences are designed to provide our students with:
- the opportunity to meet with peers within their cohort
- information on ESRC opportunities available during and following their PhDs
- practical advice and guidance for making the most of their studies and preparing themselves for the next steps.
The Twitter hashtag for our student conferences is #esrcphd.
Our annual student conference will focus on topics relevant for postgraduate researchers different PhD years, therefore sessions may include:
- making the most of your PhD: opportunities available through us and your Doctoral Training Centre (DTC)
- how to make an impact with your research
- research evidence and policy
- funding opportunities, and writing and assessing applications for funding
- life beyond your PhD.
- career guidance.
The next ESRC PGR conference will be hosted by the Bloomsbury Doctoral Training Centre on 15-16 June 2017:
Who can attend?
All ESRC currently funded students are eligible to attend this conference. However, priority will be given to those students who have not attended an ESRC student conference before. Previous annual student conferences were for either first or final year students.
Videos of previous student conferences
First Year student conference 2012
Final Year student conference 2012