We work with our Doctoral Training Centres to deliver conferences for ESRC-funded students in their first and final years of ESRC PhD funding.
The student conferences are designed to provide our students with:
- the opportunity to meet with peers within their cohort
- information on ESRC opportunities available during and following their PhDs
- practical advice and guidance for making the most of their studies and preparing themselves for the next steps.
The Twitter hashtag for our student conferences is #esrcphd.
First year student conferences
Our annual first year student conferences focus on:
- making the most of your PhD: opportunities available through us and your Doctoral Training Centre (DTC)
- how to make an impact with your research
- life beyond your PhD.
The next conference for first year students will be hosted by the North West DTC in 2016.
Who can attend?
ESRC-funded first year students are eligible to attend a conference in their first year of study. If your start date is later than the date of the conference you should contact us to discuss which conference you should attend.
Final year student conferences
Our annual final year student conferences focus on:
- research evidence and policy
- funding opportunities, and writing and assessing applications for funding
- career guidance.
The next conference for final year students will be hosted by the Bloomsbury DTC in 2016.
Who can attend?
ESRC-funded final year students are eligible to attend a conference before their funding finishes. For most students, this will be around six months before their funding ends.
Videos of previous student conferences
First Year student conference 2012
Final Year student conference 2012