We play a key strategic role in supporting the training of the UK social science community by providing a range of funding opportunities for researchers throughout their career. We invest in high quality research training to promote the development of skilled researchers who are able to:
- produce high quality, original and insightful research
- tackle the most pressing social and economic challenges
- have a broad impact on our society and academic community
- promote the development of a vibrant and fair society
- contribute and advance our understanding of behaviour and social life
We provide a range of resources for the entire UK social science postgraduate community.
Training, skills and research resources
- How to write a good research grant application
- Research data policy
- A wealth of research resources is available from our investments, including:
- data services
- innovative workshop plans for creative engagement are available from the Ketso website
Postgraduate research collaboration
Through collaboration between postgraduate students and non-academic organisations, partners learn about each other’s expertise, share knowledge and gain an appreciation of different professional cultures.
- Our Postgraduate collaboration page provides information and guidance on a range of collaborative opportunity ideas, and case study examples of our students’ experiences.
Helping you make an impact with your research
- Our impact toolkit provides guidance on how to achieve maximum impact for your research.
- Our media training courses provide you with the basic skills you need for working with the press.
Other resources for PhD students
All of these links open other websites.
- Vitae guidance for researchers
Vitae help with the personal, professional and career development of postgraduate researchers and research staff
- RCUK research careers and diversity information
- LSE Impact Blog
provides useful information on how to achieve impact
- Sense about science
a charitable trust that helps people to make sense of science and evidence
- The Thesis Whisperer
a blog dedicated to the topic of doing a thesis
- University and College Union
a range of resources and information about developing your university career
academic job listings and information about how postgraduates can improve their future employability
advice and information to support graduates and postgraduates
We are not responsible for the content of websites we link to, and we don't necessarily agree with or support the views expressed within them.