Find details of current ESRC vacancies, including jobs, research appointments and council appointments.
Jobs at ESRC
- Policy Officer and Research Portfolio Officer (external website) (three posts) - closing date 28 September 2014
- ESRC intern opportunities (external website) (several placements) - closing date 28 September 2014
You can find details of any current ESRC jobs on the Research Councils' recruitment website TopCareer.jobs
We currently have two vacancies. The closing date for applications is 16.00 on 6 October 2014.
- Council membership applicant information pack (PDF, 151Kb)
- Candidate summary and equal opportunities (Word, 154Kb)
ESRC Council appointments are organised by the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS). You can find details on the Public Appointments website.
- Director of Understanding Society (external website) - closing date 12.00 on 6 October 2014
Research posts for ESRC centres, programmes and other projects are normally advertised by the institutions that hold the grants.
We can advertise posts that last for at least one year. If you wish to advertise a post please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We support large-scale interdisciplinary research programmes that are each made up of 20-25 individual projects. These are based at a number of UK Higher Education Institutions. Programme directors provide overall management, intellectual leadership and academic coherence to these distributed projects. Programme directors are normally appointed on a part-time basis based at an eligible research organisation.